Our ASES program at CALS Charter Middle School offers a variety of physical and enrichment activities. A few of the activities that we offer on a daily basis for our students to participate are: IPads, Soccer, Volleyball, Art, Culinary and Basketball. We have plenty of competitions throughout the year such as: ASES Talent Show, as well as, Soccer and Basketball Tournament. ASES also offers a homework class for all students to work on homework for the first hour. Our program encourages all students the opportunity to participate in all events. The program also helps to assist students with developing interpersonal skills. Our ASES staff at CALSMS are among the best in the ASES program. Our main priority for the program is that students have fun while learning to work with others.
ASES after school program provides the following:
- Homework class – Students are given 45 min to work on homework. Students have access to computers if needed to complete homework.
- ASES Meal – Students are given a different meal everyday which is provided by “our little helpers”.
- Cooking Club – Students have the opportunity to cook once per week. The purpose of Cooking Club is to provide a place where experienced and inexperienced students can further their culinary knowledge.
- Art Club – Students have the opportunity to work on an art activity twice a week. The purpose of the art club is to give students the opportunity to explore arts and crafts. Also gives the opportunity to work individually and in groups.
- Sports Club – Students are given the opportunity to participate in a sports activity twice a week. The purpose of the club is to teach students how to work as a team, learn new skills, and to communicate with one another.
- Hobby Club – Hobby club is a fun club where students are given the opportunity to learn about anime, play video games, and socialize.
For more information please contact: